This three-day instructor-led his course teaches developers how to program with XML in the Microsoft .NET Framework in order to build Microsoft Windows or Web-based integrated applications that are easier to build, scalable, and flexible.
This course is intended for:
- Programmers who build Web-based or Windows applications that access data
- Programmers who build Web services
- Programmers who build applications that access data stored as XML
This course is not recommended for developers who:
- Want to learn a programming language, such as Microsoft Visual Basic .NET or Microsoft Visual C#
- Want an introduction to XML and related technologies
- Want advanced-level information on developing XML-based applications
- Want to learn how to program by using Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML), or how to program with XML in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how XML is integrated into the .NET Framework and the classes associated with XML in the .NET Framework.
- Parse and read XML in the .NET Framework.
- Write and validate an XML document.
- Manipulate cached XML documents in memory.
- Query XML documents.
- Transform XML documents.
- Create new XML schemas programmatically.