The primary goal of this course is to provide you with a working knowledge of the fundamental capabilities of the Network Installation Management (NIM) facility of the AIX 7.1 operating system. This course uses a combination of instructor lecture and machine exercises to provide you with practical background knowledge of the topics covered.
This course is appropriate for anyone with system administrative duties installing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) environment.
- Explain key NIM concepts and terminology
- Display NIM-related information
- Set up a NIM master
- Perform a base AIX (RTE) install
- Define and use several types of NIM objects
- Perform an automated install
- Create and use mksysb resource
- Maintain lpp_source and SPOT resources
- Update NIM clients