Master the principles and practice of an agile approach to SharePoint development to improve how your organization leverages SharePoint and your own business analyst skills.
Learn how to apply core agile software development practices to SharePoint in this interactive 3-day course. From gaining stakeholder buy in, to facilitating requirements, design, and build using joint application development (JAD)/rapid application development (RAD) sessions, planning migration, managing quality, and developing training and communication, you'll develop the skills you need to deliver successful SharePoint applications. Practical and realistic hands-on exercises and activities will allow you to master an agile approach to SharePoint development and enhance your core business analyst skills. Working in groups, you and your peers will role play to develop a SharePoint application for a "case study" line of business department, from requirements to go live.
Top 10 Reasons to Take This Course:
- Push past a SharePoint business as usual approach to become truly excellent at SharePoint development
- Deliver SharePoint applications to the business more effectively and efficiently
- Increase SharePoint end user adoption and satisfaction
- Foster a leading-edge approach to business analysis and improve how you interface with the business to deliver projects
- Bring a JAD/RAD approach to how your organization gathers requirements and builds software
- Increase the percentage of IT projects completed on time and within budget
- Improve the overall quality of SharePoint applications developed at your organization
- Improve the alignment between IT, the business, and key compliance functions (such as records management and legal)
- Increase the cooperation between business analysts, quality assurance, developers, and production support during the software development process
- As a first step to your organization "going agile"
What You Will Learn:
- Basic fundamentals of the agile SDLC approach
- How to facilitate JAD/RAD sessions
- How to manage the development of SharePoint applications, from requirements gathering through go live and production support
- Best and worst practices for stakeholder management
Who Should Take This Course
- BAs who want to take their skills to the next level by mastering JAD/RAD principles
- BAs who want to evolve their ability to deliver value to the business on SharePoint
- Developers who want to learn how to excel in an Agile context
- Developers who want to learn how to deliver SharePoint more meaningfully to the business