Laying the foundation in Scrum methodologies for building your Agile success.
Today's business environment is fast moving and constantly changing to keep up with competitors, new technology and customer demands. This trend will only increase as we proceed through the 21st century. Agile is a philosophy and set of principles applied to Software Development that answer these realities of business. This Scrum Essentials training course will provide the student knowledge and understanding of fundamental Scrum principles and practices. It will explain the structure and roles on a Scrum Team and how Scrum works within the organization. It will explain the benefits of Scrum, introduce best practices, and suggest some important things to consider when embarking on a Scrum adoption.
Upon completion of this Scrum training course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand Scrum/Agile principles and how to build the discipline to support those principles in your everyday practice
- Appreciate the history of Scrum and how the collection of principles and practices came together to enable customer success.
- Talk the talk: learning the Scrum and Agile terminology, roles and forums with their context
- Walk through the processes that support Scrum principles to enable the delivery of great products
- Begin to map the transition of your existing or enterprise-level processes, artifacts and forums to Scrum
- Discover the power of Scrum teams through communication, collaboration and cadence
- Uncover the potential pitfalls that teams may encounter in a Scrum transition and understand how to overcome those challenges
- Lay the foundation upon which you can build a learning team and organization
- Understand the important role that the executive plays on the path to success for the Scrum adoption
This class is intended especially for any individual that needs to have a foundational understanding of Scrum, including any stakeholders who are impacted by software development either directly or peripherally. Software development initiatives can touch every aspect of a business. Marketing, sales, finance, human resources and others will influence the success or failure of a Scrum adoption. Increased understanding will lead to improved results. The class will help all participants, from whatever business background, understand the principles and practices of Scrum development so that they can interact positively with development teams and contribute to their enhanced results.