Typical Agile introductions focus on training teams or tend to focus on specific roles in an Agile or Scrum adoption.
Having a group of agile teams does not provide the holistic change that is required at various levels of an organization
looking to improve by adopting Agile, Lean or similar practices.
Managers in the agile organization:
- Play a critical role in assisting the organization with the changes that will occur to structure, roles and process in beginning an Agile transformation
- Are instrumental in fostering shared vision, removing obstacles, enabling self-organizing teams, motivating and inspiriting the organization to better serve their customers
- Will need to undergo a potential shift to a more catalytic management and leadership style
In order for managers to be successful in the agile organization, it is critical that a common understanding exists across the project teams and leadership team of agility, the purpose of our continuous pursuit of agility and managers roles in this pursuit.
Motivate and Support Agile Teams
- Influence the Environment to Enable Change and Improvement
- Support the Complex Nature of Product Development
- Uncover Gaps between Vision of Teams, Leaders and Current Reality
- Remove Barriers to Achieve the Organizations Vision