Course Objective: You will familiarize yourself with the basic components of personal computers, log on to Windows 7, explore the Windows 7 interface, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, customize the Windows 7 desktop, and browse the Internet.
Target Student: This course is targeted to individuals who do not have any background, knowledge, or experience in computers and who need to use personal computers at home or the office.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine the parts that make up a personal computer to familiarize yourself with the basic components and individual functions of each component.
- explore the Windows 7 operating system after logging on to it using the personal computer.
- manage files and folders using Windows Explorer to navigate to folders and manage files.
- understand application software, and use common tools and applications that are part of the Windows 7 operating system such as the WordPad word processor, the Paint tool, the Calculator tool, among others.
- customize the Windows 7 desktop using the customizing tools and shortcuts to personalize the desktop to suit your business requirements.
- examine networking tools and features so that you can browse for information using the Internet.