Learn to create robust data processing applications using Apache Hadoop.
You will learn to build powerful data processing applications in this course. You will learn about MapReduce, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and how to write MapReduce code, and you will cover best practices for Hadoop development, debugging, and implementation of workflows.
This course covers concepts addressed on the Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH) exam.
You will receive 30 days of access to an online library where you'll find books and study guides from leading authors on Hadoop, cloud, and big data technologies, including:
- Ethics of Big Data by Kord Davis and Doug Patterson
- Hadoop: The Definitive Guide by Cloudera's Tom White
- Hadoop Operations by Cloudera's Eric Sammer
- Planning for Big Data by Edd Dumbill
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- MapReduce and the HDFS
- Write MapReduce code in Java or other programming languages
- Issues to consider when developing MapReduce jobs
- Implement common algorithms in Hadoop
- Best practices for Hadoop development and debugging
- Use other projects such as Apache Hive, Apache Pig, Sqoop, and Oozie
- Advanced Hadoop API topics required for real-world data analysis