This course provides learners with the skills necessary to monitor, maintain and troubleshoot network environments running Citrix® Presentation Server 4.5 software. Learners are introduced to the tools used to monitor the Presentation Server farm, record farm activity and generate reports. This course provides learners with the skills necessary to maintain data and server integrity and to scale, optimize and troubleshoot the Presentation Server farm.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to perform the following:
- Determine when and how to use monitoring tools to administer network environments running Presentation Server software
- Configure metrics, alarms and Health Monitoring and Recovery tests
- Plan and optimize the server farm
- Monitor and troubleshoot connectivity to the data store
- Monitor and troubleshoot the Citrix IMA Service and the ICA communication channel
- Troubleshoot session initialization, client settings and Application Streaming sessions
- Monitor and troubleshoot published and streamed applications
- Determine how Citrix and Active Directory policies are applied and troubleshoot unexpected policy results
- Monitor, optimize and troubleshoot printing and printing policies
- Monitor, optimize and troubleshoot Web Interface and Secure Gateway
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network, system and help desk administrators familiar with Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 environments. System engineers, analysts, consultants, architects and Citrix Solution Advisors are appropriate candidates for this course.