Learn to virtualize your desktops with Citrix XenDesktop 5.
Gain the foundation necessary to effectively centralize and manage desktops in the data center and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. You will learn how to select a desktop delivery model for each user group based on their needs, build proof-of-concept and production XenDesktop environments, assign virtual desktops to users, and customize the user experience through policies. You will also learn how to build a Provisioning services farm to enable single-image desktop management and how to host virtual machines on the client device using Citrix XenClient.
You will learn about XenDesktop 5.5 new HDX enhancements, including quality video and audio on WAN connections, full Windows 7 aero graphical experience, and simplified HDX configuration. This new and helpful content is not included in the course manual, but instructors have it for classroom review.
This course includes an exam voucher for Exam A19 Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration, the requirement for the CCA for Citrix XenDesktop 5.
- Exam A19 Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration, a requirement for the CCA for Citrix XenDesktop 5
What You'll Learn:
- Determine the best Flexcast delivery model for each user group
- Build a XenDesktop proof-of-concept environment
- Configure a XenServer host for desktop delivery
- Build and configure a production XenDesktop site
- Manage virtual desktops as a single entity by creating a desktop catalog
- Modify a desktop image without impacting user productivity
- Restrict or allow certain XenDesktop features using policies
- Monitor site activity and troubleshoot issues in Desktop Director
- Install and configure Provisioning Services
- Copy a desktop image to a virtual disk that can be streamed to virtual and physical target devices
- XenClient infrastructure
- Install and configure Synchronizer for XenClient
Who Needs to Attend:
- IT professionals, including server, network, and system administrators and system engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects
- Citrix Partner Network members
- Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix XenDesktop 5
- Basic knowledge of the purpose and goals of virtualization technology
- Understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers, and operating systems
- Basic experience installing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2
- Basic understanding of server, desktop, and application virtualization concepts