Learn the business and technical perspectives of both virtualization and cloud computing.
In this course, a back-to-back combination of our two-day Virtualization Essentials and two-day Cloud Essentials courses, you will learn how to adopt, operate, and govern the various technologies and business models related to virtualization and cloud computing. You will prepare to successfully complete two associated exams, and you will be provided exam vouchers for these web-based exams:
- Cloud Essentials exam
- Virtualization Essentials exam
Through scenario-driven learning, you will apply the principles in a realistic setting. Role-play activities present a real world connection using situations that can occur in your day-to-day life.
The course materials are accredited by the Cloud Credential Council, marked as CompTIA approved quality content and registered with the Project Management Institute.
For classroom sessions, the web-based Virtualization Essentials exam will be offered on the second day of class and the web-based Cloud Essentials exam will be offered on the last day of class. For virtual sessions, you will receive exam vouchers for the web-based exams.
What You'll Learn
- Common terms and definitions of virtualization and cloud computing
- Business benefits and business considerations of virtualization and cloud computing
- Cloud computing from a technical perspective and the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds
- Approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features
- Implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications
- Issues, challenges, and opportunities
- Implications of virtualization on the modern workplace and managing this
- Impact and changes of virtualization and cloud computing on IT service management
- Steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques and cloud computing
- Implications of virtualization and cloud computing for organizations
- Compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and cloud computing
- Financial and strategic impact of virtualization and cloud computing
Who Needs to Attend
- IT management, support staff, and consultants
- Business managers and analysts
- Small and midsized business owners
- Specialists (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, and test)
- Business process owners
- IT developers
- Service providers
- System integrators