NOTE: THIS IS AN INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLINE COURSE. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THIS COURSE.
In this 5-day instructor-led course, students build on the skills developed in course IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (ZC700), and acquire the essential skills necessary to customize many of the key features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.
In-depth lectures cover the skills and knowledge students need to customize an IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 site. Lecture topics include an introduction to the integrated development environment for WebSphere Commerce, which is built upon Rational Application Developer V7. From that starting point, students develop and configure storefronts, both with and without Web 2.0 capabilities enabled. In addition, students learn how to build custom business logic and data handling through the command framework, business object document (BOD) processing framework, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs), and the data service layer.
Students are also introduced to many of the new features provided by WebSphere Commerce V7, including how to develop for the IBM Management Center with related activities like customizing precision marketing, promotions, Mobile Commerce, and Social Commerce. To complete the experience, students learn the basics of integrating WebSphere Commerce with other systems in a service-oriented architecture (SOA), including payments and Web services.
Hands-on lab exercises provided throughout the course reinforce lecture content, and let students gain practical experience designing and implementing customized WebSphere Commerce solutions. Students practice their newly developed WebSphere Commerce skills by performing tasks such as creating new views and commands, extending WebSphere Commerce capabilities by building custom projects in the persistence layer, deploying Web services, and developing new features for the IBM Management Center.
- Describe WebSphere Commerce architecture and programming model concepts
- Implement the processes required to customize WebSphere Commerce V7 using a development environment based on Rational Application Developer V7
- Customize storefront JavaServer Page (JSP) pages
- Employ state-of-the-art storefront pages for WebSphere Commerce with Web 2.0 technology
- Extend the persistence layer by creating new Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) to cooperate with the WebSphere Commerce subsystems
- Customize store business logic through the creation of controller commands and task commands
- Describe common subsystem commands and data beans
- Manipulate data handling through the WebSphere Commerce V7 data service layer
- Utilize the IBM Management Center for creating marketing and promotional scenarios
- Perform basic customization of IBM Management Center by editing OpenLaszlo files
- Implement exception handling
- Implement Web services using WebSphere Commerce V7
- Implement Mobile Commerce and Social Commerce into a store solution
- Apply payment rules, test tools, and best practices in the creation of a WebSphere Commerce solution