Duration: 4 Day Hands-On Lab & Lecture Course
This lab-intensive course focuses on providing system administrators with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere virtual infrastructure. In this course, you will spend most of the time diagnosing and rectifying configuration problems created on VMware® ESX/ESXi hosts and VMware vCenter Server systems.
- Use the VMware vSphere Client and service console commands to configure or diagnose and rectify problems on ESX
- Use the vSphere Client and the VMware vSphere Management Assistant (vMA) appliance to configure or diagnose and rectify problems on ESX and ESXi hosts
- Use ESXi technical support mode to diagnose and rectify problems on ESXi
- Create and use a network sniffer to capture and display virtual switch network traffic
- Use the vSphere Client and command-line tools to troubleshoot VMware VMotion, VMware Storage VMotion, VMware High Availability, VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler, and virtual machine power-on problems
Who Should Attend
System administrators, systems engineers, and help desk personnel who need the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform advanced troubleshooting of their vSphere deployments.