About this Course
This four-day instructor-led courseintroduces and explains the features and capabilities of Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM), and provides an overview of the solution scenarios that FIM addresses. The course format includes presentation, discussion, demonstration, and many hands-on exercises. It is intended for students who have no previous Forefront Identity Manager 2010 or Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 (ILM) experience.
This course is intended for Systems Engineers, Developers, Architects, and Project Leaders who need to gain a good understanding of how Forefront Identity Manager 2010 can be applied to manage identity information across a number of directories or databases. It is also suitable for those who simply want to review the technology in some depth.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand FIM concepts and components.
- Identify appropriate FIM scenarios.
- Manage users, groups, and passwords using FIM.
- Synchronize identity data across systems, such as Active Directory and HR.
- Understand the issues involved in loading data (initial load, backup, and disaster recovery).
- Configure security for different levels of user.
- Manage password self-service reset and synchronization.
- Automate run cycles.
- Handle sets, simple workflows, and management policy rules (MPRs).