This three-day instructor-led course prepares you to design and deploy remote access solutions using Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 (UAG). Forefront UAG provides organizations with unparalleled flexibility in providing access to network resources (such as Web sites and internal applications) with granular access control, custom content protection, and endpoint validation. Forefront UAG also integrates with DirectAccess, a new Windows 7 technology that provides seamless remote access to all corporate resources without connecting to a virtual private network. This course is intended for architects, consultants, network administrators, and technical sales professionals who are responsible for selling, designing, and deploying edge access solutions for enterprises.
This course is intended for IT security and infrastructure specialists who have experience with Windows networking and authentication protocols. Experience with the IPv6 protocol is desirable but not required.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Forefront UAG as a standalone server or an array member.
- Publish Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, and Remote Desktop Gateway applications to external users.
- Configure Forefront UAG to authenticate and authorize users, and enforce security policies on clients.
- Use Forefront UAG as a gateway for DirectAccess clients.
- Understand the design and deployment considerations when building an enterprise access solution using Forefront UAG.