NOTE: THIS IS AN INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLINE COURSE. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THIS COURSE.
IBM Tivoli Monitoring products monitor the performance and availability of distributed operating systems and applications. You will learn about the Tivoli Monitoring architecture and how to navigate the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. You will also learn how to manage situation events, visualize real-time and historical data, manage user authorities, and publish monitoring workspaces. This course is designed for users and administrators of all Tivoli Monitoring products that use the Tivoli Enterprise Portal as the user interface.
This basic course is for operators and administrators responsible for their enterprise monitoring infrastructure. It is also intended to help new users of Tivoli Monitoring to use the tools to effectively manage their enterprise monitoring.
- Describe the Tivoli Monitoring architecture.
- Use and navigate the Tivoli Enterprise Portal to monitor and manage an enterprise monitoring solution built with Tivoli Monitoring.
- Manage the Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure by starting and stopping components, using the self-monitoring workspaces and topology, and building managed system groups.
- Build situations to monitor the enterprise.
- Access situation events, event details, and status changes.
- Manage events effectively using facilities provided with Tivoli Monitoring.
- Visualize enterprise monitoring data, personalize workspace data, and build workspace views. Manage historical data collection and use historical data within Tivoli Enterprise Portal.
- Manage user authorizations and user groups.