Learn the major changes for Tivoli Storage Manager version 6.3, including database and log structure changes, and major new functions like deduplication. Hands-on exercises are included to reinforce your understanding of key Tivoli Storage Manager version 6.3 features. Topics will include Node Replication, PVU Calculation, dbbackup enhancements, Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments, and more.
This basic course is for administrators and implementers who are upgrading to Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 from previous product versions.
- Describe the differences between V5.5 and V6.2
- Describe updates for V6.3
- Configure and schedule automatic client updates
- Configure server-side and client-side deduplication
- Configure the database backup for multiple streams
- Enable and schedule node replication
- Describe Tivoli Storage Manager Monitoring
If you are taking this course virtually please note the following:
To participate in both the lectures and labs for this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Minimum of 256 MB of memory
- Windows 98 or higher
- Headset with microphone, or separate microphone and speakers
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- 128-bit encryption (Versions of Internet Explorer prior to version 6.0 and Windows 98, NT 4.0, and 2000 must have the High Encryption Packs installed)
- Citrix ICA Client (Installed when you access e-lab during class)
- High speed internet (56K bps or higher)
NOTE: The Citrix application (web client or full package) requires access to port 443 (https). Please ensure personal and corporate firewalls have this port open.