This course provides a short track to become ISO/IEC 20000 Manager / Consultant certified for those who are ITIL Certified.
The Professional Certificate Management and Improvement of IT Service Management processes according to ISO/IEC 20000 is designed to provide practical knowledge of how documents and records should be applied and analyzed. For example, how an IT Service Management policy can be applied within the IT Service Management function and how IT Service Management process performance information can be analyzed to bring further benefit. Successful candidates will receive a third-party, internationally recognized confirmation of their ability to apply IT Service Management system concepts in accordance with ISO/IEC 20000.
IT Service Management decision makers are faced with many options with regards to how they fulfill their personnel development needs some of these options present complex paths which they find difficult to align to the needs of the different roles within IT Service Management.
The ISO/IEC 20000 qualification scheme helps to address this issue by introducing a scheme based upon the role based needs of an IT Service Management organization. Not only do the qualifications demonstrate knowledge of the service management standard but more importantly they demonstrate how IT Service Management should be established, operated and maintained through the use of best practice commonly available in the marketplace and best practices developed by the IT Service Provider itself.
The Management and Improvement of IT Service Management processes qualification brings with it many benefits which are summarized here, it provides guidance on:
- How IT Service Management policies can be applied and reviewed for success
- How a fit for purpose document management system can be used to bring consistency
- How competencies can be used within role families to set a context for an individuals contribution
- How the effectiveness of training can be assessed
- How IT Service Management performance can be analyzed
- How improvement initiatives can be managed and reviewed for success
- How the certification process can be applied
This well-structured training program helps candidates to continuously improve their personal qualifications, thus supporting their continual professional development within their organization. There is a clearly defined qualification path for candidates to follow.
From a general perspective benefits to candidates can be summarized as follows; the qualification is:
- Aligned to international standards which will aid recognition of the achievement that the candidate has realized
- Defined, operated and maintained by an internationally recognized body with many years experience in providing high quality qualifications
- In line with the role based needs of the IT service provider helping to ensure that candidates are aware of what they need to be aware of within their domain whilst also understanding key touch points to other key stakeholders
- Based on communicating practice oriented expertise to the candidates providing them with knowledge which can be applied in real life
The target group for this qualification includes:
- Those who are ITIL Service Manager certified and wish to become ISO/IEC 20000 Manager / Consultant certified by passing both exams
- Those who are ITIL Foundation and/or ITIL Practitioner certified and wish to benefit from a short track to eventually become ISO/IEC 20000 Manager / Consultant certified
Those personnel who are involved in a practical way in:
- Process improvement activities
- People development
- Management of IT Service Management functions
- Management System improvements generally And/or
- IT Service Management performance/balanced scorecard analysis