We offer several different options for this course. Please also see KT-ITIL, KT-2828 and XIL100 for our other courses.
ITIL Foundation is an instructor-led course which:
Provides a practical understanding of ITIL version 3 key concepts, principles, processes, and functions
Prepares students to pass the ITIL Foundation exam
Includes the exam leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (40 questions, multiple-choice)
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under version 3.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® V3 now emphasizes the following areas:
- Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
- Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
- Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
- This exam-preparatory course provides comprehensive coverage of foundation concepts within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3. Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL® V3 Framework.
This three (3) days classroom training course with examination held on the afternoon of the 3rd day is accredited by both LCS and EXIN examinations institutes.
Including a sample examination and preparation to re-enforce the knowledge gained.
The format of the examination for this program consists of a closed book paper of 40 questions, to be answered within 60 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed additional 15 minutes to allow use of a dictionary). The pass mark will be 65% or more - 26 or more correct answers.
The Minimum number of students per session is 6 where the maximum is 25.
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers