SOA requires a new methodology for analysis and design. This class is designed for the Business Analysts (BA). The course contains comprehensive coverage of the theory of analysis and design for SOA applications.
- Requirements gathering
- Business process management
- Business process modeling
- Service identification and modeling.
- Techniques for service implementation.
- How to continuously optimize a business process using Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Advanced problem solving techniques, such as messaging and compensation.
The course focuses on theory and concepts and not specific tools. Students will get to try out each concept during the hands-on lab exercises. Currently, the tools used in the labs are as follows. (Note: The labs can be provided using the tools of other major SOA vendors upon request).
- WebSphere Business Modeler - For process modeling, optimization.
- Eclipse SOA Tools Platform - For process modeling using BPMN.
- WebSphere Integration Developer - This tool is used for service identification and specification. Also, the final software solution is built here. Students do not have to do any coding. They simply observe the final solution in action.
What you will learn:
- After taking this class, students will be able to confidently start working on a SOA projects. In the beginning of any project, Business Analysts play a key role. It is important that their understanding of SOA modeling and analysis is very clear. This way, they can design a solution that completely solves the problems at hand in a robust manner.
- Business Analysts and Architects who analyze and model applications should take this course.