Your training in and use of Microsoft Office Access, Access 2000, Access XP, Access 2003 and Access 2003 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft® Office Access. You're now ready to extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- restructure an existing set of data to improve the design of a database.
- use a variety of techniques to summarize and present data with queries.
- create and revise basic Access macros.
- create macros that improve data entry efficiency and integrity.
- improve the effectiveness of data entry in forms.
- improve the effectiveness of data displayed in reports.
- maintain an Access database by using various utility tools.
Course Objective: You will create complex Access databases using forms, reports, and macros.
Target Student: This course is designed for the student who wishes to learn intermediate and advanced operations of the Microsoft® Office Access database program. The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft® Office Specialist Certification for Microsoft® Office Access, and it is a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Microsoft® Office Access.
Certification: This course is one of a series of Knowledge Transfer courses that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (Office Specialist) skill sets. The Office Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsofts business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order to earn Office Specialist certification. To learn more about the Microsoft Office Specialist Program visit our certifications section.