About this course
This two-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for developing a management strategy for mobile devices in the enterprise. Devices running Windows, iOS and Android operating systems will be covered. Utilizing various Microsoft technologies students will create a mobile device plan, configure mobile device management and master both connectivity and data security on these devices. With the shift to BYOD (bring your own device) it is necessary that enterprises allow users to access information from a variety of devices with a minimum of risk to the loss of that information. The new tools implemented as a part of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 as well as System Center will allow for a complete set of BYOD enterprise policies.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have experience with mobile devices and some version of Windows client and server operating systems. Previous experience with management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager would also be valuable but is not required.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the various types of mobile devices which may connect to the enterprise.
- Determine requirements for and connecting mobile devices via domain join, Workplace Join and VPNs.
- Create a mobile device management strategy.
- Configure a mobile device management infrastructure using Microsoft System Center products and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Secure corporate data when in transit or on the devices with IPSec and BitLocker.
- Manage data security with Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Synchronize data across multiple mobile devices using Work Folders in Windows 8/Windows 8.1.
- Connecting to applications via Web Application Proxy.