Develop your ability to manage the industry's most advanced information system. Learn several methods to backup and to recover your Oracle database. Hands-on workshops give you experience in a realistic technical environment. Develop skills for basic network administration. Simplify your duties with Oracle Recovery Manager. This course gives the Oracle database administrator (DBA) a firm foundation in Oracle Net administration and backup and recovery operations.
Students learn about transporting data between databases and the utilities used to perform these activities. Students are also introduced to networking concepts and configuration parameters, as well as how to solve some common network problems. In hands-on exercises, students configure network parameters so that database clients and tools can communicate with the Oracle database server.
This course also addresses backup and recovery techniques, and examines various backup, failure, restore and recovery scenarios. Students also examine backup methodologies based on business requirements in a mission critical enterprise. Students use multiple strategies and Oracle Recovery Manager to perform backups, and restore and recovery operations. This course includes two interactive workshops that provide participants with the opportunity to walk through numerous real-world networking, backup, and recovery case studies.
- Define networking requirements and the solutions provided by Oracle to implement these requirements
- Perform database and datafile backups with and without Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Configure the network environment for an Oracle client-server system
- List the different Oracle backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
- Describe the database utilities (Export and Import) and the situations where they can be used
- Develop network configuration and recovery techniques through various workshop scenarios
- List the Oracle architecture components related to backup and recovery operations