This Oracle Linux 7: Advanced Administration training is ideal for experienced administrators who need to learn more about Oracle Linux 7. You'll learn how to configure networking services and authentication services, implement virtualization technologies to more effectively manage system resources, perform advanced storage administration tasks, implement shared storage technologies, and develop advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Configure DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Samba, and other network services.
- Configure LDAP, PAM, and other authentication services.
- Automate installation using Kickstart.
- Recover from boot errors.
- Use advanced package management features.
- Configure network bonding, VLANs, and VPNs.
- Implement Linux Containers, Docker, KVM and other virtualization services.
- Allocate system resources to specific Linux processes.
- Use DTrace to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Configure iSCSI, device multipathing, and OCFS2.
- Configure server virtualization with KVM
- Configure network addressing and authentication services
- Configure Apache web services
- Automate installation using Kickstart
- Configure resource management using Control Groups (cgroups)
- Configure operating system-level virtualization with Linux Containers (LXC)
- Configure application containers with Docker
- Configure iSCSI shared storage
- Configure Device Mapper Multipathing
- Create Udev rules for persistent device naming
- Configure a shared disk cluster file system using Oracle Cluster File System Version 2 (OCFS2)
- Collect and analyze core dumps
- Explore your system using Dynamic Tracing (DTrace)
- Configure and use SELinux
- Perform advanced software package management
Benefits to You
After taking this course, you will be equipped to use the advanced features of Oracle Linux 7 to get the most out of your systems and applications. You'll learn how to automate Oracle Linux installations and implement networking and authentication services to facilitate the management of a large number of systems. You'll also learn how to use Control Groups, Linux Containers, Docker, and KVM to increase your resource utilization by creating secure, isolated environments on a single host. Become familiar with advanced storage features, including encrypted file systems, disk quotas, iSCSI, device multipathing, and the OCFS2 file system to better use your storage resources.
Gain Hands-On Experience
Extensive hands-on practices will guide you through each concept. You will configure network services and authentication services, configure network storage, shared file system types, and device multipathing. You will also configure different virtualization technologies to better utilize system resources such as CPU, memory, network and I/O bandwidth, and to allocate these system resources to critical processes.