This two-day, instructor-led Microsoft Official Workshop provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage and maintain a Web server running Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 on Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
This discovery-based workshop consists primarily of labs that provide hands-on, practical activities appropriate for an experienced Web server administrator.
This workshop is intended for experienced Web server administrators with a background in implementing and supporting previous versions of IIS on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000. The workshop is targeted specifically at students who need to quickly transfer their current Web server administration skills to IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003. Microsoft Official Workshops are designed to train people who learn best by doing.
At Workshop Completion
After completing this workshop, students will be able to:
- Install IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003.
- Configure application and Web services support on IIS 6.0.
- Migrate Web sites and applications from earlier versions of IIS.
- Enhance the security of IIS 6.0 by configuring authentication and access options.
- Manage Web server configuration settings through the IIS 6.0 metabase.
- Implement SMTP and POP e-mail services on IIS 6.0.
- Monitor IIS 6.0 performance and troubleshoot problems.