We offer 2 different options for this course. Please see KT-4201 for our other course. PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp
This intense, handson PMP training boot camp will enhance your project management skills and prepare you to become a certified project management professional (PMP)®.
Update: This course has been updated to align with the Fifth edition of the PMBOK® Guide
The PMP Boot Camp is not just a test prep course; we do not create paper PMPs. In our PMP Boot Camp you will get skillsbased training developed using a proven methodology to meet your PMP goals while developing and reinforcing real-world project management skills.
During the PMP boot camp, you will:
- Greatly enhance your project management skills and infuse that knowledge with the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI
- Understand the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI® Process Groups
- Utilize and build upon your existing knowledge base and experience to more efficiently pass your PMP certification exam through skills development and focused memorization exercises
- Gain 35 PMP contact hours (PDUs) upon successful PMP Boot Camp completion the amount you need to meet the PDU criteria for sitting the PMP exam extended days to cover all the materials
- Review the PMBOK® Guide in class
- Learn the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas
- Acquire the skills, knowledge, and confidence to pass the PMP certification test its a difficult, specialized exam, but our methodology teaches you through your PM experience
Not Just Test Prep - Skills-Based Training. Learn Project Management using the context of the PMI® Process Groups Study exam topics through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas.
We Know You Have Experience:
The PMP Certification Exam Boot Camp is constructed to help project managers master the material needed to obtain PMP certification. The PMP Boot Camp was designed with the recognition that because of the specific requirements of your organizations, practicing project managers (PMs) often have great expertise in some areas but would greatly benefit from the review of the entire project management field.
The PMP Boot Camp is divided logically into two parts. The first part reinforces the PM's understanding of project management, while at the same time introducing the precise terminology and project management philosophy of PMI. The second part drills into you the specific topical knowledge needed to pass the PMP examination.
Using Your Experience:
The first part of the PMP Boot Camp leads you through the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI Process Groups. It teaches project management the way its practiced, from start to finish. This methodology builds on your existing knowledge base to enable you to adopt the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI, and build real-world project management skills.
Preparing for the Exam:
The second part of the PMP Boot Camp examines the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas. Special importance is given to those concepts which historically have been emphasized by PMI, including memorization of guides and diagrams. Intense question review and focused memorization are an integral part of this section.
Putting it all Together:
The PMP Certification Exam Boot Camp is an intensive 4day course. You need to come prepared to put in a full day, with study assignments in the evenings. Frequent practice exams, reviews and written exercises will enable you to master the testtaking skills needed for the PMP examination.
In-Class Practice Exams and Exercises:
The PMP Boot Camp offers inclass practice exams to help you learn not only the project management knowledge, but also the nature of the Project Management Professional exam, the types of questions asked, and the form the questions take. Through practice exercises you will gain valuable information, learn how to rapidly recall important facts, and generally increase your testtaking skills. Specifically, you will:
- Learn the subject matter of the PMP examination
- Memorize the important test information that has a high probability of being on your examination
- Develop time management skills necessary to complete the PMP exam within the allotted time
- Leverage your existing Project Management Skills
- Extrapolate from your real world experiences to the PMP examination subject matter
- Learn to identify pertinent question information to quickly answer examination problems
20 Benefits of Participating in ASPEs PMP Boot Camp
- Understand how to use Earned Value Analysis to keep a project onbudget and ontime.
- Clearly define the scope of a project and effectively manage it throughout the project's life.
- Learn calculation concepts not just formulas that allow the answering of computational questions, no matter how they are presented.
- Minimize the risk of a project through proper risk management and response planning.
- Learn the fundamentals of stakeholder analysis and how to manage stakeholder expectation.
- Learn key Procurement terms, concepts, and calculations such as Privity, the Risk profiles of different contracts, and Point of Total Assumption.
- Learn the five process groups that form the basis of the project management life cycle.
- Understand the nine knowledge areas and how they apply to each of the process groups.
- See how to properly fill out the Project Management Professional examination application.
- Satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the PMP examination.
- Understand the PMI terminology that will be used on the PMP examination.
- See how Quality Planning can be used to ensure project success.
- Know the subject matter that will be tested, the depth to which questions will be asked, and the emphasis that will be placed on each topic.
- Understand how Present Value and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) are calculated and used as part of a Project Charter
- Learn how to construct a dependency network.
- Produce task time estimates that utilize bestpractices and are consistently reliable.
- Memorize key terms, equations, and graphs for the PMP examination.
- Take endofday quizes to reinforce learning and prepare for the PMP Examination.
- Understand how to determine and measure a projects Critical Path.
- Develop a study plan to pass the PMP examination on the first try.
We offer a pass guarantee:
If you take the PMP® exam within four weeks of the class and do not pass your first attempt, send us the score report and ASPE will allow you to attend another live, online delivery of the PMP Certification Boot Camp session within one year using your original materials at no additional cost. If you do not pass the first retake, ASPE will provide you a second examination voucher at the PMI member rate free of charge.
*Offer may expire without notice. If you are audited by PMI, we will cooperate with you to ensure guarantee still applies.
Who Should Attend:
This project management training course is aligned to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition.
If you are in IT where PMs skills are becoming a necessity or if you are interested in or planning to get your PMP certification, you must take this PMP Boot Camp course. The PMP® certification is a great tool for:
- Project Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Outsourcing Professionals
- QA Managers/Directors
- Application Development Managers/Directors
- Business Analysts
- Systems Analysts
- Systems Architect