Although PageMaker offers fine control over typography, page layout, colors, and printing, not all of its features are on the surface, so you may be missing out on the best ways to create professional-caliber publications. At its core, this course teaches you how to manage complicated layouts more efficiently. This includes learning more effective ways to work with graphics and type, as well as techniques to establish trapping in a document so colors print the way you want. In addition, you will learn techniques for working with long documents, such as linking documents together in a book and creating a table of contents and indexes. Lastly, you will learn to easily import and export HTML from PageMaker documents. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply master pages to several pages simultaneously; use the Grid Manager plug-in to manage sets of guides; efficiently manipulate and duplicate graphics; and use scripts to automate specific tasks.
- Efficiently work with type.
- Efficiently manipulate and transform imported graphics.
- Apply trapping to a document.
- Create lists and indexes in long documents; and combine documents to create a book.
- Import and export HTML.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who have completed the PageMaker 7.0 Level 1 and PageMaker 7.0: Level 2 courses, and who want to learn techniques for more efficiently and effectively managing PageMaker documents that have complex layouts.
Benefits: After completing this course, students will be able to efficiently and effectively manage complex layouts using PageMaker 7.
What's Next: This is the last course in this series.