This Introduction to Scrum training course will lay the foundation for understanding and building successful agile teams using the Scrum Framework. In this powerful two-day course, you'll grasp the concepts, principles and methods of the Scrum framework and become empowered to execute on your plans for incorporating Scrum practices and techniques into your organization.
In this course, participants will:
- Appreciate the history of Agile and how the collection of principles and practices came together to enable customer success.
- Gain an understanding of the Agile framework and the methodologies under the Agile "umbrella" including: Scrum, Extreme Programming, AgileUP, Feature Driven Development, Lean Development and DSDM.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Scrum team.
- Talk the talk: learning the Scrum terminology, ceremonies, and cadences.
- Walk through the processes that support the Scrum principles to enable the delivery of great products.
- Begin to map the transition of your existing team or enterprise-level processes, artifacts and forums to Agile.
- Discover the power of Scrum through communication, collaboration and cadence.
- Uncover the pitfalls that teams will encounter in an Agile transition and understand how to overcome those challenges.
- Lay the foundation upon which you can build an agile environment and organization.
Immediate Benefits of Participating in this Introduction to Scrum Training Course:
- You will gain a solid understanding of Agile principles and the importance of adoption for a successful transformation.
- You will apply the Scrum theory based on empiricism to optimize on predictability and control risk.
- You will understand and apply the Scrum ceremonies and cadences to produce high quality working software every sprint.
- You will understand the roles and responsibilities critical to building a strong scrum team who is able to insect and adapt after every sprint.
- You will apply best practices used by high performing teams to create better development plans and communicate those plans more effectively with customers to manage expectations.
- You will incorporate retrospectives into your team processes to promote continuous improvement.
- You will apply principles and practices of technical excellence to enhance your agility.
- You will learn how requirements emerge through the use of user stories and practice how to successfully prioritize and collaborate with stakeholders on development.
- You will understand Agile planning at all levels of execution from product vision down to daily development of features
This Introductory Scrum training course is designed for anyone who is considering the use of Scrum for software development, including:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Product Managers