In this course, you will learn about system architecture with an emphasis on understanding the implications on system performance, methods for testing the effects of performance adjustments, open source benchmarking utilities, methods for analyzing system and networking performance, and tuning configurations for specific application loads.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam (EX442). This version of the course does not include the exam.
What You'll Learn
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, HPC, large memory, database, and file server)
- Tuning for power consumption
- Tuning virtual machines (host and guest)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning CPU and memory utilization using cgroups
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes
Who Needs to Attend
Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning