In this course, you will build on the knowledge and skills learned in the prerequisite course, BMC Remedy AR System 8.0: Foundation – Part 2, by learning how to create advanced application features in BMC Remedy AR System 8.0. Through a combination of lecture and lab exercises, interactive scenarios, and collaborative discussions, you will learn about several advanced and new features such as Skins, Table Fields, Guides, Record Relationships, Floating Panels, Currency Fields, Server-Side Tables, Dynamic Workflow, and Rich-text formatting in data fields.
Advanced developer and administrator tools will be introduced, such as version control, flashboards, and tooltips. Each of the features discussed in this course will add to the value that BMC Remedy AR System 8.0 can bring to you and your business, and will prepare you for BMC Certified Developer: BMC Remedy AR System 8.x certification.
This course builds on your AR System knowledge in the context of a fictitious company, Venizyne. Venizyne has been building its own customized applications and recently acquired a cable television services business that now must be integrated into the company. This scenario will enable you to practice and identify ways to immediately apply what you learn to your AR System environment.
- Create application lists on a home page
- Utilize custom skins in AR System
- Create advanced features and workflow with table fields
- Create dynamic workflow
- Create currency fields and use them in workflow
- Build a guide that performs a table loop
- Create a server-side table field
- Enable data relationships between forms
- Leverage a GUID field
- Enforce and store service level agreements as data
- Employ floating panels in forms
- Utilize Rich Text Formatting enhancements
- Identify the value of using flashboards
- Recognize opportunities to use tooltips and drag and drop functionality
- Calculate business time 2.0
- Enable social collaboration
- Enforce version control
- Document and debug applications and workflow
This course is part of the BMC Certified Developer: BMC Remedy AR System 8.x certification path.