In this comprehensive Authorized Cisco course, develop a practical understanding of the operation of modern TCP/IP networks built with Cisco hardware. Learn the commands and techniques used to troubleshoot host connections, interact with Cisco switches and routers, back up and restore configuration files, and manage network equipment.
To make learning even easier, we include the ICND1 Self-Paced e-Learning CD and e-Lab credits so you can continue your studying any time, anywhere.
If you are new to networking, need a good understanding for management or sales responsibilities, or are starting along the path to achieve CCNA certification, this is the right course for you.
Student will recieve:
- Enhanced content that exceeds standard authorized Cisco content
- 25 e-Lab credits to complete your labs on live hardware
- Access to Self Test Software's exam prep products
- One free exam voucher for 640-822 ICND1
What You'll Learn
- How networks function
- Network components and their functions
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model
- Binary, decimal, and hexadecimal numbering
- Switching operations and theory
- Host-to-Host packet delivery process
- TCP/IP network addressing and routing
- IP subnetting
- Providing Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and remote access services
- Advanced network theory, including Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Intranets and extranets, and wireless networking
- Introduction to Cisco Internet Operating System (IOS)
- Initial configuration of Cisco Catalyst Switches and Routers
- Network discovery and management using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), telnet, and Trivial FTP (TFTP)