This 5-day instructor-led course describes how to empower information workers through self-service analytics and reporting. Students will learn how to implement PowerPivot and tabular data models, create and deliver rich data visualizations with Power View and SQL Server Reporting Services, and discover business insights by using data mining. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-466.
The Beta version of this course (10778AB) utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machine for the **Labs. Many of the exercises in this course are SQL Azure enabled.
Note: This is Beta Content and may change without notice.
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfill BI Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Implement reporting solutions by using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Create visualizations of data by using Power View
- Create data mining solutions by using SQL Server Analysis Services
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Create reusable report items that simplify self-service reporting.
- Manage a reporting infrastructure.
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions in a cube.
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Use MDX Syntax.
- Customize a cube.
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in PowerPivot.
- Use DAX to query a tabular model.
- Implement a Tabular Database.
- Use Power View to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Data Mining for predictive analysis.