Explore all the new end-user features in SharePoint 2010.
In this course for SharePoint 2010 power users and site administrators, you will gain an understanding of the major components of SharePoint 2010 and learn the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010. During the hands-on labs, you will walk through the site-creation process, covering common and advanced features of the basic team site. You will be guided through SharePoint Server site definitions (business intelligence, search center, etc.) and creating Workflows, and you'll get in-depth coverage of My Sites, social computing, site administration, site customization, and site collection administration.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products: 50468 SharePoint 2010 End User - Level I and 50469 SharePoint 2010 End User - Level II.
What You'll Learn:
- SharePoint lists
- Create permissions and basic SharePoint Foundation sites
- When to use a list and when to use a database
- Use Document ID service
- How to use the Permission Checker
- Create sub sites (team site)
- How SharePoint integrates with Office
- Explore all the new end-user features in SharePoint 2010
- Effectively use the SharePoint Server site definitions
- Learn to navigate the new ribbon
- Discover the new My Sites features
- Work with social computing features like tagging and ranking
- Protect yourself in the social computing realm
- Administer SharePoint Sites
- Create page layouts and pages
- Site collection
Who Needs to Attend:
- Business users and others who work with SharePoint sites on a regular basis
- Individuals responsible for managing SharePoint sites as owners or site collection owners