In your previous experience, you have used the features of a WSS team site and you have also performed some basic administration of WSS team sites as a site owner. Once you have mastered these basic skills, your job might require you to perform more advanced administration of the sites you own, or even administer multiple sites and the SharePoint Services environment as a whole. In the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Level 2 (Second Edition) course, you will manage team sites as a site owner and as a SharePoint Services administrator.
Course Objective: You will manage team sites as a site owner and as a SharePoint Services administrator.
Target Student: This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, or functional or operations managers, who have with basic SharePoint site owner skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech professionals.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a site collection.
- manage basic site collection components.
- manage lists.
- manage a discussion board.
- manage document libraries.
- manage a form library.
- manage site access permissions.
- manage WSS content.
- manage a workflow.
- work with indexing and searching.
- manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- manage security options in WSS.
- manage site usage.
- perform site maintenance.