Learn to install, configure, and administer SharePoint 2007 in a lab-driven environment
Learn how to:
- Use all core SharePoint features sites, site collections, lists, column views, site columns, version control, and much more!
- Administer SharePoint security
- Harness new Office 2007 integration features
- Administer site collection content
- Leverage backup and restore tools in SharePoint 2007
- Leverage InfoPath to design and publish forms
- Customize searches
- Apply Excel to design and publish reports to Excel Services
- Administer Business Data Catalog integration into web parts, search, and lists
- Create and run workflows in SharePoint & SharePoint Designer
- Understand user management and profiles
- Manage web applications, web content, and site collections
- Leverage Sharepoint 2007 search capabilities
- Discover the differences from SharePoint 2003
Use SharePoint to manage your information and communication
Microsofts SharePoint 2007 is one of the most powerful information management systems available today. SharePoint 2007 allows your employees to connect and collaborate through audience targeted, interactive communications. It provides a single point of access for all your organizations teams, departments, partners and customers over your corporate Internet, Intranet and Extranet SharePoint portal. Companies can tear down information silos using SharePoints Web 2.0 capabilities including wikis, blogs, discussion boards, and personal messaging.
These are just some of the immediate benefits of using a fully configured SharePoint Server 2007 within your company. However, an improperly implemented SharePoint portal can tie up your IT department and reduce IT resources away from your core business. For companies to take advantage of SharePoint 2007, the product has to be installed, configured, secured, and set up properly by the administrator.
Learn from unbiased experts who teach in a real-world setting
This hands-on course will guide students through Microsoft SharePoint2007 architecture including how it works with the OS, the difference between it and SharePoint 2003, and the many new features. The course will also focus on installing and configuring Microsoft SharePoint 2007. Understanding the changes that happen when you install or uninstall Microsoft SharePoint 2007 is critical. The seminar will also go over in detail: installing SharePoint, application management, portals, content types, searches, workflows, document management, disaster recovery, and much more of the features and tools within Microsoft SharePoint 2007.
Who should attend this course:
This course is for anyone requiring a thorough overview of SharePoint 2007. A must have course for:
- IT Administrators
- Information Workers
- Team Leads
- Project Managers
- IT Managers
- Business Analysts
- System Analysts
- IT Architects
- Web Masters
- Intranet/Internet/Extranet Managers