Leverage Microsoft SharePoint to increase the success rate of your projects and meetings
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Build a Project Management Information System (PMIS) with SharePoint
- Utilize SharePoint Technologies as a version control and configuration management system
- Develop and customize a SharePoint site for project collaboration
- Utilize Document Management and SharePoint Libraries for multiple document types
- Automate project workflows with SharePoint Workflows
- Integrate and utilize Microsoft Office technologies for project management
- Leverage SharePoint 2007 as a business process automation tool
- Create project reports using SharePoints Excel Services
- Generate project forecasts and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on all projects
- Utilize SharePoint for Business Intelligence
Use SharePoint to manage your information and communication
With all the expertise, expensive certifications, and big talk on project management in the field today, more than 50% of projects still fail. Why is that? Why cant any industry get past that 50% watermark? Often there is a lack of communication between all the stakeholders. Whos on first? Whats on second? And no one is on the same page with the project lead.
The leading collaboration software choice among project managers
More and more successful project managers are utilizing SharePoint 2007 to drive their projects and operational initiatives. SharePoint 2007 allows teams to have a specified location for information on a particular project. This allows Project Managers to drive what they need from each player with ease and keep everyone on the same page.
Gain firsthand knowledge you can use immediately in the workplace
This hands-on, lab-driven course will guide managers through the process of using SharePoint 2007 to drive their projects, improve efficiency and increase the likelihood of project success. Build your Project Management Information System, develop your SharePoint project site, build document management and libraries, integrate Microsoft Office software, build SharePoint Workflows, and archive your project after it is completed. Add the necessary tools to your project management knowledge and make every project more successful.
Immediate Benefits of This Class:
- 1.Construct a PMIS using SharePoint to schedule planning, reporting and forecasting for your project
- 2.Automate data collection efforts by using InfoPath forms and Form Services
- 3.Allow all project stakeholders instant access to critical project information quickly and easily
- 4.Unlock silos of information by using a SharePoint portal
- 5.Set up one or multiple projects using a Microsoft Project Plan
- 6.Facilitate meetings and communication using SharePoint
- 7.Enable stakeholders with project status information and quickly communicate and solve problems
- 8.Easily build Business Intelligence reports using Excel Services
- 9.Utilize SharePoints built-in workflow capabilities and
- learn how to create custom workflows tailored to your organizational needs
- 10.Leverage Visio and Powerpoint within SharePoint
- 11.Develop standard project management processes using SharePoints BPM capabilities
- 12.Utilize SharePoint Dashboard to give management clear visibility into your project
- 13.Build Gantt Charts using MS Project and SharePoint
- 14.Create custom lists, calendars, contacts, and project tracking for each project
- 15.Utilize Web 2.0 capability in SharePoint 2007 like RSS and Wikis to increase project communication and efficiency
- 16.Establish project tracking guidelines through SharePoint 2007 on all your projects
- 17.Establish an online project archive for instant access to project history
- 18.Create customized SharePoint Dashboards for project overviews
- 19.Customize project information to target key project stakeholders
- 20.Use SharePoint Sites and Workspaces for project organization
In this course you will complete hands-on labs that will build a project from the ground up using SharePoint as the driver. Each section will give you relevant knowledge that you can take back to the office and implement using SharePoint.
Lab 1 - In this lab you will prepare the proper configurations and review SharePoint collaboration features.
Lab 2 - You will start by creating your SharePoint project site. You will configure all the site options to make sure it is correct for your IT environment. After that, you will configure the permissions and all the team members for your project site. Once that is complete, you must customize your PMIS (Project Management Information System) with contacts, calendars, To Do lists and document libraries.
Lab 3 - You need to configure your content management features for your project site. You will also take advantage of SharePoints Web 2.0 abilities and set up a discussion forum, a wiki and a survey. Once that is completed, you will build document work spaces for your project site.
Lab 4 - You will set up automated alerts for your project status and include RSS updates for all members. You will also learn to update the project tasks list as well as updating the issues list. Once that is complete, you will learn to search for your vital project information using SharePoints search capabilities.
Lab 5 - You will build Business Intelligence into your SharePoint project. You will create a Management Dashboard that will give all the vital information pertaining to and coming from your project using SharePoint WebParts. You distribute project status to key players as well as forecast using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Lab 6 - You will build a business process automation using infopath forms and workflows within SharePoint.
Lab 7 - You will develop meeting workspaces for your project within SharePoint. You will then utilize a meeting workspace and integrate Microsoft Outlook into your project.
Who should attend this course:
This course is vital for anyone working in a project environment and utilizing Microsoft SharePoint 2007, including:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Operation Managers
- Team Leads
- Product Managers
- SharePoint Power Users
- Marketing Managers
- IT Managers
- Data Analysts
- PMO Managers/Directors