Using SharePoint Designer to transform out of the box SharePoint to meet YOUR applications.
In this class, you will learn:
- Tools, applications and skills required
- Utilizing SharePoints full capabilities
- Customizing SharePoint Navigation
- Building custom views with Data View Web Parts
- Customizing SharePoint Master Pages
- Creating workflows for automation
- Using InfoPath forms in SharePoint
- Using SharePoint 2010's Built-in Workflows
- Creating Customized Workflows with SharePoint Designer
- Business Connectivity Services
- SharePoint Web Parts
- SharePoint Modifications
Unleash SharePoints Potential For Your Organizations
One of the benefits of implementing SharePoint Server 2010 is the flexibility it offers to create custom solutions...but theres a lot to know. SharePoint allows developers and designers to construct solutions to fit the needs of an individual organization. SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Visual Studio.NET and SharePoint APIs will allow you to modify SharePoint behaviors and customize the platform to suit your specific needs. You have the tools at hand, if you know how to use them. SharePoint can only be as effective as you make it! This course will give you the skills to make SharePoint your own using SharePoint Designer.
Customization Skills in 3 days of Hands-on Labs
This lab-intensive, 3-day program will zero in on customizing SharePoint's look and feel, creating custom workflows, designing InfoPath forms, and accessing external data through Business Connectivity Services. You will create reusable, real-word workflow templates for SharePoint-based business solutions. You will also learn how to integrate digital forms using Microsoft InfoPath.
In addition, you'll connect to external data sources through SharePoint's Business Connectivity Services, a new feature of SharePoint Server 2010. You'll understand how much is available to you in the SharePoint APIs and understand the depth that Microsoft has created with more than 3,000 SharePoint services available. You'll cover a lot of ground, and enjoy a productive skill-building experience. Learn to take SharePoint to its fullest potential.
Learn Skills You Will Immediately Put into Action:
- Understand the tools, applications and skills required for customizing SharePoint environments
- Understand and utilize the powerful capabilities of the newly redesigned SharePoint Designer 2010
- Understand and customize SharePoint navigation
- Build custom views of your data with Data View web parts
- Customize your SharePoint Servers look and feel with custom Master Pages
- Customize your SharePoint pages with page layouts and themes
- Understand the different methods to create workflows for automation
- Learn to create advanced, reusable workflows with the Workflow Designer
- Use InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint Form Services to create advanced forms
- Integrate InfoPath forms and SharePoint Workflows to automate recurring business processes
- Use Business Connectivity Services to access external data from other Line of Business applications
LABS: Every student will be provided with a completely outfitted laptop to use for the intense hands-on labs.