Learn how to administer and use the major functions of IBM Cloud Orchestrator. The primary focus is on using the product-provided features to get the most value from your investment. You learn how to install IBM Cloud Orchestrator and perform common administrative tasks like restarting the software stack, creating users and groups, and registering new images into the cloud environment. You create virtual system patterns to model groups of virtual systems so that they can be deployed as a single entity. You also explore self-service offerings and orchestration with Business Process Manager.
- Identify the challenges in your organization that IBM Cloud Orchestrator can address
- Identify the architecture of IBM Cloud Orchestrator and OpenStack components
- Prepare for and install IBM Cloud Orchestrator
- Manage IBM Cloud Orchestrator components
- Access the IBM Cloud Orchestrator user interfaces and explore the key features
- Create and manage domains, projects, users, images, virtual system patterns (vSys.classic and vSys.next), and pattern instances in a multi-tenant environment
- Use Business Process Manager artifacts to define self-service categories and offerings in IBM Cloud Orchestrator
- Implement authentication using an external corporate directory server
- Identify the tools in Cloud Marketplace that would be most useful to your organization
This basic course is for IBM employees, business partners, and customers who have a need to demonstrate IBM Cloud Orchestrator; deliver an IBM Cloud Orchestrator Proof Of Technology; contribute valuable content to an IBM Cloud Orchestrator Proof Of Concept; install, configure, and operate IBM Cloud Orchestrator.