Explore the new features of vSphere and learn to how to upgrade from VI3.
This hands-on training course explores new features in VMware vCenter Server 4 and ESX/ESXi 4 as well as how to upgrade to VMware vSphere 4.
What You'll Learn:
- Upgrading VMware deployments from VMware Infrastructure 3 to vSphere 4
- Deploying distributed virtual switches to simplify data center-wide network management
- Using VMDirectPath to assign a PCI adapter directly to a virtual machine
- Migrating virtual machines storage while they are live with Storage vMotion
- Growing virtual disks and VMFS volumes while they are live
- Employing VMware's new Pluggable Storage Architecture
- Ensuring application availability with VMware Fault Tolerance
- Manage more than one vCenter Server from the same client
- Use the new host profiles feature to keep hosts uniformly configured
- Save energy with VMware Distributed Power Management
- Save disk space with thin provisioning
- Administer virtual appliances consisting of more than one virtual machine