Get your hands on the new features in VMware vCenter Server 5.0 and VMware ESXi.
Required Training for VCP5 Certification
After February 29, 2012, all VCP4s will be required to take this course before taking the VCP5 exam.
In this hands-on course, you will explore the new features in VMware® vCenter Server 5.0 and VMware ESXi 5.0. You will learn to install VMware vSphere® and to upgrade from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.0, the first version of vSphere to include only the ESXi hypervisor. You will spend approximately 40% of class time completing nine hands-on labs.
What You'll Learn:
- Key enhancements in vSphere 5.0
- Upgrade a deployment from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.0
- Use Image Builder to modify and export an image profile as part of Auto Deploy
- Use Auto Deploy to install a stateless ESXi host
- Manage a version 8 virtual machine with the next-generation web-based VMware vSphere Client
- Key networking enhancements, including the ESXi firewall and new features in vNetwork distributed switches
- Upgrade and manage a VMware vSphere VMFS5 datastore
- Understand and configure policy-driven storage management
- Create a datastore cluster and configure Storage DRS
- Configure a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster based on the new Fault Domain Manager agents
- Use the Linux-based VMware vCenter Server Appliance
Who Needs to Attend:
- System administrators
- IT managers
- System architects
- Those responsible for implementing or managing vSphere environments
- Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)