Hands-on training with VMware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter Server 5.1 provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to prepare for VMware certification exams.
Through 22 hands-on labs, you will learn to install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware vSphere ESXi and VMware vCenter Server. This course is based on ESXi 5.1 and vCenter Server 5.1. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for the VMware Certified Professional - Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DV).
What You'll Learn:
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Use vCenter Server to configure and manage ESXi networking and storage
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
- Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply ESXi patches
- Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection
Who Needs to Attend:
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
- Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server