Gain hands-on experience using VMware ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0.
In this hands-on, VMware®-authorized course based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0, you will learn to install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere, which consists of VMware ESXi and VMware vCenter Server. You will spend approximately 40% of instruction time completing 20 hands-on labs.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware Certified Professional 5 exam (voucher not included). It also prepares you to enroll in any of several more-advanced vSphere 5.0 courses.
What You'll Learn
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
- Use VMware vCenter Update Manager to apply ESXi patches
- Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection
- Who Needs to Attend
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
- Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server
After completing this course, you may enroll in any of several advanced vSphere 5.0 courses.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks: VMware Certified Professional (VCP)