This three-day instructor-led workshop provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop data-access applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The workshop describes how to access and update data in a database by using ADO.NET. The workshop also describes how to create, read, and write XML data
This workshop is intended for corporate and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) application developers who have a desire to learn more about specific technology areas in distributed application development.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to databases and read data.
- Query and update databases by using commands.
- Perform transactional operations.
- Perform disconnected operations programmatically.
- Perform disconnected operations by using Visual Studio 2005 wizards.
- Perform XML operations on disconnected data.
- Read and write XML data.
- Process XML data by using the Document Object Model DOM