About this Course
This five-day instructor-led course provides knowledge and skills on developing Web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
This course is intended for Web developers who are beginners and have knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or Dynamic HTML (DHTML), along with some knowledge of a scripting language such as Visual Basic Scripting Edition or Microsoft Jscript.
Students are required to have the ability to construct a simple Web page using a Microsoft tool or a third-party tool. For example, students should be able to create or customize a Web Page on a SharePoint site.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore ASP.NET Web applications in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
- Create Web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and Microsoft .NETbased languages.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Add functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Implement master pages and user controls.
- Validate user input.
- Debug Microsoft ASP.NET Web applications.
- Manage data in an ASP.NET 3.5 Web application.
- Manage data access tasks by using LINQ.
- Manage data by using ASP.NET Dynamic Data.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX application.
- Consume XML Web services and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services.
- Manage state in Web applications.
- Configure and deploy a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Secure a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Implement new technologies supported by Visual Studio 2008 SP1 for Web development.