About this Course
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This three-day instructor-led course teaches experienced developers the skills required to successfully develop managed (Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0) applications on the Windows Mobile 6.0 platform. This course focuses on the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 development environment, .NET Compact Framework 2.0, and the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 SDK.
The target audience for this course is experienced developers who already have programming experience in Visual C# or Visual Basic and Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio .NET. These developers are likely to develop enterprise business solutions.
At Course Completion
- Create a Windows Forms application by using the new features of Windows Mobile 6.
- Build an application that adapts to different hardware capabilities.
- Create a Windows Mobile 6 application that uses a SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition database.
- Synchronize data between SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition and SQL Server 2005 by using replication
- Build an application that detects network availability and queues Web service calls until a network is available.
- Implement application security features in Windows Mobile 6.
- Enhance an application by using multimedia and location-aware capabilities.
- Implement Office Mobile functionality in an application.
- Create a digitally-signed Cab file.