This course covers intermediate and advanced topics required to develop professional Silverlight 4 applications that can be deployed to the Web, Windows desktops, and Windows Phone 7 devices. The course will include hands-on labs that comprise approximately 50% of the classroom time and enable the student to learn Silverlight 4 programming within a variety of real-world scenarios.
The target audience for this training course is professional developers who have experience with XAML (either through WPF or Silverlight), a limited amount of Silverlight development experience, and experience working in Visual Studio 2010. This audience is interested in learning to develop advanced Silverlight 4 applications using Visual Studio 2010.
This course is intended for developers who have programming experience using either Visual Basic .NET or Visual C# and who understand the concepts of object-oriented programming. This course is designed for developers who are comfortable using Expression Blend and Visual Studio 2010.
This course is not designed for new programmers.
At Course Completion
After Completing this course, students will be able to:
- Build data-driven Silverlight applications
- Create advanced user interfaces
- Implement advanced media techniques in Silverlight
- Work with Silverlight Media Framework
- Access hardware in Silverlight applications
- Create application that can be Globalized & Localized
- Implement Network Communications
- Deploy Silverlight applications
- Understand the basics of developing Silverlight applications for Windows Phone 7
- Implement advanced Silverlight techniques for Windows Phone 7 Development