About this Course
In this course students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1-2 years of experience creating client applications and who are comfortable programming in C# and have done some XAML-based programming.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe review the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.