Students will gain skills needed to develop business programs using the Message Queue Interface (MQI). MQI calls are covered in the two most popular programming languages, C and Java. This course begins with a technical introduction of MQSeries and proceeds with the basic programming concepts.
- Major Calls (Housekeeping)
- Major Calls (Messaging and Queuing)
- Remote Queuing
- Manipulating Message Delivery
- Minor Calls (Syncpoint Control Calls)
- Minor Calls (MQINQ and MQSET Calls)
Students will first configure queues. Then they will develop a message source that will put information in the queue. Next they will develop a message consumer.
What you will learn
- After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe and use the MQI
- Design and write programs to use MQI as implemented on the chosen platform
- Explain the differences in program design necessitated by the messaging and queuing paradigm
- Describe, in detail, the different MQI calls
- Explain the differences in MQI across the different MQSeries platforms
This course is ideal for developers responsible for integrating various systems using MQSeries.