This 5-day instructor-led course teaches you the skills that are required to automate the administration of a WebSphere Application Server V8.5 environment.
Most administrative tasks are multi-step and repeatedly used, and GUI-based administration tools can quickly become impractical and even a burden. WebSphere Application Server offers a collection of tools and technologies that you can use to create automated scripts, facilitating system administration.
The course describes the scripting facilities in WebSphere Application Server and teaches you how to use the Jython language with WebSphere administrative objects to develop scripts that automate common administrative tasks.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course reinforce lecture content and give you practical experience with the WebSphere Application Server V8.5 scripting environment. Exercises include tasks such as creating and configuring an application server environment, installing and configuring the IBM HTTP Server, and automating the installation of WebSphere Application Server.
This intermediate course is for systems integrators, administrators, architects, and developers who use WebSphere Application Server to configure, administer, or architect solutions.
- Describe the support in WebSphere Application Server for scripting and automation
- Use Jython and the IBM Assembly and Deploy Tools (IADT) to develop automated scripts
- Identify the administrative objects and programming APIs needed for administrative scripting
- Use the wsadmin tool to prototype and run scripts
- Write scripts to automate common WebSphere Application Server administration tasks
- Describe the use of Ant to automate tasks
- Use Jython scripting to submit jobs to the job manager