This 5-day course teaches you how to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V7. WebSphere Application Server Version 7 offers enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to install, configure, and maintain both the IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 base and IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Network Deployment (ND), and to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single machine or clustered configuration. You also learn how to work with new features in WebSphere Application Server V7, such as flexible management, business-level applications, administrative console extensions, and security enhancements. Optional units cover topics such as centralized installation and auditing.
Hands-on exercises and demonstrations are provided throughout the course, covering topics such as using properties file-based configuration, troubleshooting, and configuring fine-grained administrative security. These lab exercises are designed to reinforce lecture content, and allow you to gain practical experience by utilizing their knowledge of these features.
What You'll Learn
- Describe how WebSphere Application Server fits into the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V7
- Describe the architectural concepts related to WebSphere Application Server
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server V7
- Explain the basic concepts of the Java EE 5 platform
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Use the wsadmin scripting library
- Configure WebSphere Application Server security
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- View performance information about server and application components
- Use problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems
- Configure messaging with the service integration bus
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for administrators who install, configure, and manage Web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web masters, lead application developers, and application architects may also find this course beneficial.