This 400-level, three-day, instructor-led course provides students with the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to design a complex data center architecture using Microsoft virtualization and management technologies, including Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V and the System Center Suite.
This course is intended for IT architects with extensive VMware experience who have the responsibility for designing and deploying virtualization data centers based on Microsoft technology with potential VMware integration.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the mapping between Microsoft and VMware virtualization terminology and technology
- Understand the benefits of implementing a virtualization infrastructure using Microsoft Server virtualization and System Center management solutions
- Design a Microsoft virtualization and management strategy for a heterogeneous virtualization infrastructure
- Perform server consolidation in a heterogeneous virtualization environment
- Design a virtualization management automation infrastructure using System Center Opalis and/or Service Manager
- Understand private cloud infrastructure fundamentals
- Understand how the System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 enables Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in a private cloud infrastructure